About Me

My photo
Melfort, Saskatchewan, Canada
I am a lawyer in Melfort, Saskatchewan, Canada who enjoys reading, especially mysteries. Since 2000 I have been writing personal book reviews. This blog includes my reviews, information on and interviews with authors and descriptions of mystery bookstores I have visited. I strive to review all Saskatchewan mysteries. Other Canadian mysteries are listed under the Rest of Canada. As a lawyer I am always interested in legal mysteries. I have a separate page for legal mysteries. Occasionally my reviews of legal mysteries comment on the legal reality of the mystery. You can follow the progression of my favourite authors with up to 15 reviews. Each year I select my favourites in "Bill's Best of ----". As well as current reviews I am posting reviews from 2000 to 2011. Below my most recent couple of posts are the posts of Saskatchewan mysteries I have reviewed alphabetically by author. If you only want a sentence or two description of the book and my recommendation when deciding whether to read the book look at the bold portion of the review. If you would like to email me the link to my email is on the profile page.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Links to My Posts in the 2013 Alphabet in Crime Fiction Meme

The 2013 Alphabet in Crime Fiction meme hosted by Kerrie Smith at Mysteries in Paradise ended this week. For each letter of the alphabet I had a personal connection with the post. My posts follow. Please click on the title of the post to be taken to the post:

"A" is for The Red Mass by Rosemary Aubert

"B" is for the Saskatchewan B's

"C" is for Showdown at Border Town by Caroline Woodward

"D" is for Murder One by Robert Dugoni

"E" is for Pierced by Thomas Enger

"F" is for Female Fictional Lawyers

"G" is for Guilty?

"H" is for High Chicago by Howard Shrier

"I" is for The Innocence of Father Brown by G.K. Chesterton

"J" is for As the Crow Flies by Craig Johnson

"K" is for In the Shadow of the Law by Kermit Roosevelt

"L" is for Real Legal Fiction

"M" is for Murder at the Mendel by Gail Bowen

"N" is for Alamo, North Dakota by Phil Rustad

"O" is for Over Tumbled Graves by Jess Walter

"P" is for Louise Penny - Movie Producer

"Q" is for In Plain Sight by Tara Taylor Quinn

"R" is for Stranglehold by Robert Rotenberg

"S" is for The Taking of Libbie, SD by David Housewright

"T" is for The Third Riel Conspiracy by Stephen Legault


"U" is for Death of a Swagman (1945) by Arthur Upfield

"V" is for Vodka Doesn't Freeze by Leah Giarratano

"W" is for Guilty Addictions by Garrett Wilson 

"X" is for Red Mandarin Dress by Qiu Xiaolong

"Y" is for The Shaman's Knife by Scott Young

"Z" is for Outburst by R.D. Zimmerman

My next post will discuss some of my favourite letters of the alphabet this year.

Thank you to Kerrie for a meme which has inspired me to reflect and read with regard to crime fiction that I would not have done without participating in the Crime Fiction Alphabet.

4 comments:

  1. Bill - Thanks for doing this summing-up. I'll interested in your retrospective on the meme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, I missed your review of "The Innocence of
    Father Brown" and read it now. It's been years since I read the series by Chesterton and hope to read some his books which are in public domain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margot: Thanks for the comment. I always appreciate you dropping by the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prashant: Thanks for commenting. Father Brown is a wonderful character. I wish comparable characters were possible in our current times.

    ReplyDelete